Trusting God

           

Trusting God

     I want to share what God has been teaching me these past several weeks. I have been praying about God's will in my life and what He wants me to do career-wise. I have been praying and so far it has been silence. So, I tried doing something on my own instead of trusting God. I was lacking faith in God. Over and over again I heard a voice in me saying, "trust me, I got it." I know that was the Holy Spirit telling me to trust Him because God knows what He is doing. I kept doubting that and this past week I ran into pain. My side began to hurt really bad that I ended up going to Urgent Care, and then they sent me to the Emergency. At the end of the day they did not find anything that was wrong with me, but I knew why this was happening. And yet, I chose to still doubt God and that He can heal me from this pain. On Sunday, I woke up with almost no pain and was able to do the daily things I did before. God healed me! I want to look at scripture through in this post and not just my life. We all know the story of Peter walking on water. Many people wish they walked on water like Peter, but they forget that he started to drown because of his doubt. If we would read this story, it is written in Matthew 14:25-32. I am not going to post all the verses here, you can read it on your own. What happens though is the disciples see Jesus walking from afar and they were in a ship. Peter called out to Jesus saying, "Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water" (Matthew 14:28 ESV). We see here that Jesus is not the one calling Peter out of the boat. Jesus is not challenging him to walk on water. Peter chose for himself and Jesus simply said, "Come." An interesting thing we see here is Jesus is not warning Peter of the waves, doubt, or telling him to keep his eyes on Him. He simply said "come" as if it was that simple. Peter all energetic comes out and walks on water for some distance until he sees the waves. He was walking fine until he took his eyes off of Jesus. We see he begins to drown and Jesus helps him up. Jesus tells Peter, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?" (Matthew 14:31). Peter did not drown because some time passed, or because Jesus caused him to drown, he began to drown because of little faith. He questioned the power of Jesus and if He was truly God. I want all of you reading this get one point: Don't look around, but keep your eyes fixed on Jesus. What I mean by eyes, I literally mean your life, time, money, and everything else. Let Jesus be the center of everything in our life. When we keep Him center, we will trust Him. God does send us trials and sufferings so our faith will increase. If you are going through something right now remember this verse from Jeremiah 29:11 ESV, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." This DOES not mean you will get everything you wish and that you will prosper. This means that the Lord has a plan for you and I. It is for our good and not for evil. So, whatever we are going through we need to remember this promise of God. God knows what He is doing; he does not need our commentary or "help." He got it all on His own. What we have to do is to be silent and let God be God. It is very simple to write here, but very difficult to fulfill in our daily lives. God bless everyone and trust God in everything. In the small problems to the big, trust Him and have faith in Him because He is! Like God once said to Israel, "I Am." 

Comments

Verse of the Week!

Psalm 16:11 ESV

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

Popular Posts!

You are able to overcome