First is First


“"All things are lawful for me," but not all things are helpful. "All things are lawful for me," but I will not be dominated by anything.”
1 Corinthians 6:12 ESV




This verse speaks for itself. Just want to point some things out here. First is First and I wanted to talk a little about that. Probably will do several parts to this. We say we want to follow Jesus, in other words walk with God. I mean seriously, who does not want to walk with God? Who does not want victory in their life? We all do, but first we must get our hearts ready. If I want God to use me in any way, I must be a clean and holy vessel. I must be a vessel that can be used by God. If I’m going through anything I need to know first that nothing needs to dominate me. Overcome me. I can do what ever I want to do. I can sin, waste my sweet time on social media, other things, but not ALL of those things are HELPFUL AND USEFUL!!!   It’s not helping my THIRSTY SPIRIT FOR GOD!!! My Spirit thirsts for God but my flesh doesn’t. It’s a constant battle I’m facing today and for the rest of my life. I have to think before I do something like. I have to think TWICE before I do ANYTHING! Ask myself these questions: Is this helpful? Am I going to fall (spiritually). Will this diminish my Spirit? And if we don’t have a prayer life we won’t have power. We often say “I need to pray more” but we don’t really put any effort into it and expect God to just bless us with prayer or whatever. We have to cut things out if we say “we don’t have time for prayer”. Or if we just spend like 5 minutes praying asking God to bless the day, forgive me, thanking Him and done. It needs to be a conversation. When we open our hearts and desires before God and tell him everything. He already knows everything so why do we “hide” it from him sometimes. We repeat that over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and I know it’s getting annoying but do you think it’s not annoying to God when we say that “yeah, we need to pray more. I need to start praying. I need to... I need to...” and never DO IT? Do I really think that God just stands there and is satisfied with my life and my prayer life? What helped me a lot is I took this all personally. I know it’s hard in this end time. If I say I love God. If God is truly everything for me then I need to start/continue praying. If I don’t know what to pray about. Just get on my knees and tell all that to God. Open your heart and tell Him you have nothing to say. Look over your life and get rid of things that stay in the way. When I come before the throne of God (which I don’t know when) what will God tell me? Will he say “come on in humble and faithful servant” or will he tell me”I never knew you”? That helped me a LOT! When I just understood that I will come before God one day and give an account of what I have done, it scares me, but it’s good. You just wanna give 100%. You wanna live everyday like your last day. Sin should not be overcoming us. God wants us to live victorious lives, but we must put our own effort into it. Do not try fighting the battles on your own though. You will fall and fail. Victory and power is only in Jesus. In 1 Corinthians 15:57 Paul writes, "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" (ESV). So, if you are struggling with a specific sin or whatever, come to Jesus. Fast, pray, weep. cry, to the Lord until you receive victory. But, one thing that is dangerous about this is that yes, you will be fasting and praying for victory in your life. God will free you but then what? What is next? When you pray for freedom, also pray for God to use you. Have a friend that can keep you accountable. But just do not give up. Start finding those lies that you believe from the devil and put them to death. Keep fighting. Don' do it on your own though cause you will fall over and over again. God bless everyone and abide in Christ! 

Comments

Verse of the Week!

Psalm 16:11 ESV

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

Popular Posts!

You are able to overcome