Stand Firm


 November 5, 2020

    Today we will be looking at one passage from the Bible and complete the S.O.A.P to encourage everyone with it. 

Scripture: Exodus 14:13-16
13 And Moses said to the people, “Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. 14 The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.” 15 The Lord said to Moses, “Why do you cry to me? Tell the people of Israel to go forward. 16 Lift up your staff, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it, that the people of Israel may go through the sea on dry ground.


Observation: God said that he would lead Israel out of Egypt; so what they had to do is to stay firm and believe that. Israel did not have to fight for themselves or create chaos because it was all in the Lord’s hands. All they had to do is to be silent and see God’s glory. God fights, they just go forward by the word of the Lord. 


Application: Promise land is the victory land of a Christian. It is God’s will for me to have victory. I need to stand firm on the sacrifice of God and believe that the blood of Jesus has the power to save and protect me from evil. There is nothing that is too challenging for God to deal with. Everything is under his control. I need to remember that God fights for me not the other way around. Often times, I would act and live like I am fighting for God and "helping" God. He already won. He is now waiting for us to complete this path and then be with him for eternity. I have to simply be silent and trust that God will finish what he started. Next, I go forward in my spiritual walk with the Lord. I wasn't called to sit in one place and simply “trust God” and that’s it. I have my part to do which is to gain strength, so I can stay firm knowing that God is on my side. How do I gain strength? By abiding in Christ; his word and in prayer. It is when I meditate upon his word during the day. If I fill myself up with news, social media, entertainment, or simply "empty" things, then of course I will not have the strength to fight my battles. But, if I am constantly pondering upon the word of God and his wondrous deeds; if I am constantly in the spirit of prayer, I will have the strength to go forward. I will hear his voice and receive his guidance.


To finish this devotion up, we say a prayer.
Prayer: Help me to 
    -Stand firm on your word and hold on to your mercy and grace. Hope that will not be cut off.
    -Walk forward and not stay content in my spiritual state. To always grow in faith, in word, and in prayer. Give me the strength to overcome my flesh and sin in my life by the power of the cross! 

    Now, after completing this all, pray that God would give me a person in mind that I would be able to share this with someone. To be able to edify someone else. To encourage someone else. Pray and listen carefully. Someone may be in desperate need or just having a rough day and needs some encouragement. Go out there and be overcomers!

Comments

Verse of the Week!

Psalm 16:11 ESV

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

Popular Posts!

You are able to overcome