Relationship Check



 COVID-19 has brought much pain and suffering into this world. It has brought much brokenness and more need into this world. The state of this world has been exposed. Many went into depression, fear, and anxious about what tomorrow will bring. Many people including me, began to question the future and wondering why am I even here on earth? What does God want me to do? Some went straight to their finances and began to worry about how there might be an economic crash. Everyone went wherever they knew. Some went to doctors, banks, close ones, and many different sources in these unpredictable times. One question I have to ask here is; was this not from God's hand? Is this virus, chaos, violence, and fear out of control in God's hands? Some might think that everything going on right now is totally out of control and there is little or no hope for future. The question I want to challenge everyone and even myself in these end times is; How has my relationship with the Lord change? Was there any change in it at all? Have I been giving more time to the Lord in prayer and in his word than before? Or have I got carried away in this life and chaos that I began to spend less time with my creator. I might have began to worry more and trust God less. I might've fallen into sin and desperation. Whatever you might be going through right now, I call you to turn to Jesus! Look over your relationship with Lord these past 3 months and notice any change in it. Through everything going on right now, God is trying to teach us to trust Him. I believe He is calling us to repent and turn to Him. He wants to do His work through the church today so His name would be glorified. There are things even in my life that I know I must work on and get rid of. God wants us to prepare for his coming and for us to be awaiting Him. He wants to do His work here still on earth through the church. There is one requirement and that is to submit fully to God's will. Submit and trust. You might have to wait, but keep trusting. Seek God daily and know that God wants to speak to you. He wants to speak to us through his word, circumstances, and even in prayer, but we so often get busy in this life. I am in the same situation too here. I also need to learn how to hear God's voice more often and to do what He wants. Let us all check our relationship with the Lord today. Look over and how have we treated prayer? How have we treated the word of God? How have we treated us trusting God? God will do His work in us when we spend sacred time with Him. Don't give God your extras. Don't wait till it is dark outside to finally spend some time with the father. That is totally unacceptable. Just think about how much God has done in your life? How much times has he saved your life? How much times has He showed his mercy and grace to you. Just the fact that He came down here to die for me and you. To save me from not only hell, but from sin. To give us life and life abundantly. Yet, I still spend so little time with Him. I give him little attention. Don't you think that one of the reasons this virus is going around is maybe to get our attention? So we would turn to Him. We would re -evaluate our relationship with Him and repent. We would do what He wants us to do not what we want to do. Why would we call ourselves Christian, go to church, read our bibles whenever we 'feel' like it, but not spend quality time with God? How would your spouse (or someone close to you) look at you and feel if you would not spend time with them? If they were at the bottom of the list. Don't get me wrong here. We shouldn't even have a "do to" list and have God on there. God should be the one and only one in our lives. Everything else in our lives should please and glorify God. I mean quite literally Paul in 1 Corinthians 10:31 writes, "So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God" (ESV). In his letter to the Romans, he writes about how nothing will or should separate us from the love of God. How many of us have grown colder? How many of us NEED a revival of our spirit and our lives? We need to see God move in our generation today. Once again, let us look over our relationship and come to Jesus who is the founder and perfecter of our faith. 

Comments

Verse of the Week!

Psalm 16:11 ESV

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

Popular Posts!

You are able to overcome